Opening InfoPath form in different view RRS feed

• Question

• If I create a form that has 2 views (one for requestor and one for approver), if the requestor submits the form into sharepoint, how can I make the form open in view 2 for the approver?

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 7:09 PM

Answers

• Ok, in design mode of your form, click on the Data tab > Form Load.  The rules pane should open on the right and then you can click New > Action.  Then set your condition and the action of switch view.
    • Marked as answer by Pengyu Zhao Wednesday, January 18, 2012 7:01 AM
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 3:45 PM

All replies

• Add an "on open rule" that says "if currentUserName = approverUserName; Action:  Switch View:  Approver View
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 8:06 PM
  • Hi Melissa, thanks for the response.  I'm not sure I'm following what you suggesting.  Can you help me understand how to go about creating the open rule above?  I know how to create a rule to switch views when you are inside the form. 

The workflow is, the user submits the form which goes into sharepoint.  An email is sent to the approver stating that a request has been made and there will be a link to the user request on sharepoint.  When the approver opens the form, I want it to open in view 2 "Approver's View," is that possible?

Approver's view has all the fields that the requestor filled out locked and all the approver have to do is approve or reject the request.  Thanks for any help!

Thursday, January 12, 2012 3:23 PM
  • No problem - first, do you have InfoPath 2007 or 2010?
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 3:28 PM
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 3:32 PM
  • Ok, in design mode of your form, click on the Data tab > Form Load.  The rules pane should open on the right and then you can click New > Action.  Then set your condition and the action of switch view.
    • Marked as answer by Pengyu Zhao Wednesday, January 18, 2012 7:01 AM
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 3:45 PM
  • Hi Melissa, how do I go about doing the same thing in Infopath 2007?
    Wednesday, November 21, 2012 8:05 AM
  • Hi Samuel,

The on-open rules in 2007 are located in:

Tools > Form Options > Open & Save > Click "Rules" under the Open Behavior Category

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 1:58 PM
  • hello my friend, you have multiple way to solve this problem.

1st. is you can make a list in SharePoint and define what you need for approve = for example I want to confirm my request with my manager approve in another view.

i'm a project expertise and his the project manager i define the column in SharePoint List "Organization Level" and "unit name" in my example (OL=expertise) (ON=Control Project)

then you should make a connection in Infopath and retrieve a data from this share point list and then used this data to Form Load in Data Ribbon, you should use this in this way -> make a rule and define if ol=manager and On=control project then swith view in your specific view.

hope this useful

• Edited by ali taherian Saturday, September 22, 2018 6:14 PM
    Saturday, September 22, 2018 6:12 PM