none
Create a workflow to alert from the due date column

Question

• I have a master master list consist the columns below:

Issue, Actions, Owner, Assignee, Due Date, issue status(Started/In Progress/Completed)

if the issue item's due date expires, the workflow should trigger email to the owner and assignee for the completion warning.

Using Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2013.

Please advise the condition. 

Thursday, March 02, 2017 8:23 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If Due Date greater than or equal to Today's date 

Send Email Activity

I hope this should be help you!

Cheers,
    Maruthu
    Please click the 'Mark as Answer' if this post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if it was useful! :)
    Explore the SharePoint

• Edited by Maruthachalam Thursday, March 02, 2017 8:54 AM
    • Proposed as answer by croute1 Thursday, March 02, 2017 8:21 PM
    Thursday, March 02, 2017 8:31 AM
  • Hi Shree,

You can configure the "Information management policy settings" >> Add A Retention Policy to trigger a workflow which will send a reminder email. You can configure the Retention stage to be the (Due Date + 0)

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

Thursday, March 02, 2017 4:25 PM
  • Doesn't it have to be content type to do this? 2010 workflow? I can't get information management to work on an "item" in a list.

Thanks! Patti N.

Thursday, March 02, 2017 7:14 PM
  • I would create a workflow.  Add one variable ... varReminderDate.  Set the variable to the Due Date + 1 day. 

Then pause the workflow until varReminderDate.

Set the condition that if Status not equal to Complete, then send the reminder email on varReminderDate.

Thanks! Patti N.

• Edited by Naccarati Thursday, March 02, 2017 7:22 PM change
    • Proposed as answer by croute1 Thursday, March 02, 2017 8:21 PM
    Thursday, March 02, 2017 7:16 PM
  • Hi Patti,

The policy is for a Content type, but its only for the list on which you are creating the policy on. 

Thursday, March 02, 2017 8:52 PM
  • Greetings Maruthu,

Your solution was useful to set the conditions without error.

Now the alert should send email by referring to the person name from the column owner and assignee,not for a permanent recipient.

Can anyone help on this. 

Thank you.

Friday, March 03, 2017 2:22 AM
  • Hi Shree,

Yes, you can just get the current item assignee and not the permanent recipient. I have shown it in the screenshot just as an example in my previous post.

See the below screenshot for your reference:

Cheers,
    Maruthu
    Please click the 'Mark as Answer' if this post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if it was useful! :)
    Explore the SharePoint

Friday, March 03, 2017 6:53 AM
  • Hi Maruthu,

Thank you. I have tried that step, the integration part works, but emails was not sent. There is no error to check why the email was not sent. 

Can anyone figure out what could be the reason for not sending the email?

Site collection features have enabled the workflow service.
    Any links to refer for proper workflow integration to send email by referring to the date column and send email to the assignee column?

Please help.

Friday, March 03, 2017 7:57 AM
  • Shree,

Can you try adding log step before and after "Send Email" atcivity and check if the log is created before and after Send Email activity?

Or contact your server admin to make sure Email Outing Settings are configured in Central Admin.

Cheers,
    Maruthu
    Explore the SharePoint

Friday, March 03, 2017 9:12 AM
  • Hi Shree,

Just asking to know if everything works as expected for your scenario, if so please mark the solution as answer so it help others with the same issue in the community.

Cheers,
    Maruthu
    Explore the SharePoint

Friday, March 03, 2017 2:51 PM
  • Hi Maruthu,

Thank your for the immediate response. I am still waiting for the server team to check at the CA.

I will try to follow the steps above as well.

Tuesday, March 07, 2017 12:46 AM
  • Hi Maruthu,

The Email outing has been configured by the server team at CA. The site settings features for Workflow is activated too. The email is still not sent. 

Thursday, March 09, 2017 12:31 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

If the post helps you, you can mark it as answer to help other community members to find the solution quickly.

Please click the "Mark as Answer" button if this post solves your problem or "Vote As helpful if it was helpful! :)
    Explore the SharePoint

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 7:59 PM
  • Greetings Maruthu.

Yes your methods works fine wen i subscribe new account for office 365.

The previous subscription was expired, thus the email was not send.

Thanks a lot for the help on email alert solution, Voted the necessary comment as worked solution.

Have a nice day :)

Wednesday, August 02, 2017 12:46 AM
  • Hello,

Thanks for the update.

Please mark as answer if a post answers your question. This will help others to get solutions easily.

Have a wonderful day!

Please click the "Mark as Answer" button if this post solves your problem or "Vote As helpful if it was helpful! :)
    Explore the SharePoint

Wednesday, August 02, 2017 1:03 PM