none
How to implement Maker Checker Functionality in efficient manner. RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Friends,

I just want to ask about what is the best way to implement maker and checker record authorization feature in an financial application. I mean a way to allow the user to add or edit customer record , and then all these customers (added, edited) go to the checker for approval. The update will be committed to system once the checker approves it and will be roll backed once the checker rejects it.

Thanks 

David

David Johnsan - Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    Tuesday, November 16, 2010 3:19 PM

Answers

• "As per your suggestion i am not able to understand where you will maintain the log how much time has been taken by checker or what happened to changes rejected/ approved. "

These are additional requirements that you've only just mentioned.  So the business wants to know how long the checker took. 

Datetime stamp changes going into the unchecked table.

Add a completed and status timestamp when finished and copied to the archived table.

You can then see how long changes have been outstanding and how long it took the checker to do what.

• Marked as answer by David Johnsan Wednesday, November 17, 2010 12:56 PM
    Wednesday, November 17, 2010 12:47 PM

All replies

• The details depend on how you're implementing this and business rules you've not provided.

Essentially, you need a separate table for the new/changed records.  Call that UnChecked or something.  Pretty much the same columns as your customer table.  Probably plus stuff like date changed and type of change.

The checker then sees a list of customer changes, selects one and he's presented with a screen showing before and after side by side and the changes highlit.

Maybe he can edit.

He commits the change, depending on your busines rules, the change is archived or the customer record overwritten and the unchecked record deleted.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 8:12 AM
  • Hi Andy,

Thanks once again for showing interest in my thread.

I am not able to understand what happened to other members why they are not responding. Is it a very bore thread or its too complex.

Andy don't bother about business rule only requirement is that any update to the customer or its child table must be committed into the system once it is authorized by the checker.

As per your suggestion i am not able to understand where you will maintain the log how much time has been taken by checker or what happened to changes rejected/ approved. 

David Johnsan - Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    Wednesday, November 17, 2010 11:17 AM
  • "As per your suggestion i am not able to understand where you will maintain the log how much time has been taken by checker or what happened to changes rejected/ approved. "

These are additional requirements that you've only just mentioned.  So the business wants to know how long the checker took. 

Datetime stamp changes going into the unchecked table.

Add a completed and status timestamp when finished and copied to the archived table.

You can then see how long changes have been outstanding and how long it took the checker to do what.

• Marked as answer by David Johnsan Wednesday, November 17, 2010 12:56 PM
    Wednesday, November 17, 2010 12:47 PM