none
Does Visual Studio Emulator for Android support microphone?

All replies

• Hi Hong,

I have tested the Windows Phone emulator is support microphone. So I think the Android emulator should also support microphone.

Since my current machine could not use microphone, I will test whether Android emulator support microphone or not in my another machine later. After I tested, I will update the test result here as soon as possible.

Before I change my machine to test, I suggest you also download a microphone app on your Android emulator and then try record the audio through microphone to check whether it supports or not.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 6:44 AM
  • Thanks a lot for trying to help, Weiwei.

I have an app using the microphone.  It works fine on physical device, but not working the Visual Studio Emulator for Android.  The following statement will not return:

new AudioRecord

The emulator does not have Google Play.  Installing it is possible, but a bit hassle.

Hong

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 1:41 PM
  • Hi Hong,

I'm testing in Windows Phone emulator with Cortana app, which I can communicate with it using microphone. But in Android emulator, I don't find any Recording app which allow me to record any audio with microphone. And since I don't have a Google Play account, I could not install some apps from Google Play.

I suggest you install some audio recorder app in your Android emulator to check whether it supports microphone or not.

If it supports microphone, I'm afraid you need to submit your issue to Android development forum to get a better help.

If not support, you need to test your app through real device. After all, emulator is a little difference with real phone.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 24, 2016 4:59 AM