Choose of licence for Windows CE RRS feed

• Question

• zxzxzxzx

Hello,

my company is developping a device based on Windows CE 6.0 OS and we have to choose and to buy the correct license for the product.

Number of license that is foreseen is great (more than 1000) and so we retain that an optimization on cost saving is required, so that we want to choose the correct license and not the "full-optional".

The license that seems to be OK is the base one: "CORE", but there is the intention to support the Remote desktop management of the device, that is , to be clear, a user with an external PC (client) can connect to windows CE device (server) and use it from his PC.

The goal of this action is to manage maintainance of win CE device remotly and so avoid to connect to it a monitor, a keyboard, a mouse and so on.

I know that license "Windows CE PRO" manages protocol RDP, but it is not clear if protocol/license covers the function of client only or also server. That is, for me it is unusefull to have a license in order to have client functionality.

So I ask if license "CORE" is comprehensive of server functionality or not.

Thanks

Mirko

Mirko Tacconi
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 12:17 PM

Answers

All replies