Windows 7 flicks are broken

Question

• Flicks was one of the best touch feature in Windows 7. But they don't seem to work in Windows Developer Preview. I have them enabled in settings, but nothing happens when I perform one. When i click "Practice using flicks", it says "You cannot use a mouse to perform a flick". I am of course trying that with touch screen.

Is that intentionally broken feature and it will be removed later or do you plan to bring that back?

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 7:25 PM

Answers

• matejdro,

I was able to use Flicks by using a pen digitizer touch screen.  If I tried to use my finger instead, I also get "You cannot use a mouse to perform a flick" message too. 

Can you also submit feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program? If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview.  There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 8:46 PM
    Answerer