Get HP Slate 500 Screen Rotation working

Question

• Has anyone got the automatic screen rotation to work on the Windows 8 install? I have everthing else working including multitouch. The only thing that fails is the use of the accelerometer as the "Labyrinth" games is also not working.

In gerenal a very cool program, just want to see if it was something wrong with my installation.

Heath

Heath
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 5:30 PM

Answers

• Hey everyone- we do not have a proper Windows sensor driver for the G-sensor (accelerometer) for this hardware platform. The driver is proprietary and does not work with Windows 8 screen rotation or apps.

If we get updates, I'll post info on the "Tailoring your Metro style app for hardware and devices" forum.

Thanks,
    Gavin

• Marked as answer by heath140 Tuesday, September 27, 2011 4:15 PM
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 10:51 PM

All replies

• Hi Heath,

Thanks for the feedback.

Though I’m not familiar with the HP Slate 500, according to HP documentation, there is a switch to enable/disable the accelerometer.  What screen resolution are you currently using?

Here’s the information that I found from HP:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c02771819&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

Kim

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 7:40 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks for the information. I was aware of the slide on the right side and it is set to the enable position. I'm currently using the landscape mode which I like for most things but I still use portrait for others. I can get the screen to rotate in the "windows mobility center" and also within the "Intel Ultra Mobile GMA Driver". Both of these cause the screen to rotate manually, however, when I try to get the rotation automatically using the accelerometer, nothing works. I wonder if it is in the driver or something not interfaced correctly.
    Heath
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 7:58 PM
  • Hey everyone- we do not have a proper Windows sensor driver for the G-sensor (accelerometer) for this hardware platform. The driver is proprietary and does not work with Windows 8 screen rotation or apps.

If we get updates, I'll post info on the "Tailoring your Metro style app for hardware and devices" forum.

Thanks,
    Gavin

• Marked as answer by heath140 Tuesday, September 27, 2011 4:15 PM
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 10:51 PM
  • Try this, it worked for me:

Install the HP Quick Launch software, install in Win7 compatibility mode.  Run  program files/hewlett-packard/hp quick launch/hpwmisvc.exe in win 7 compatibility mode, restart.

Thanks to ScotchtapeLoser

• Proposed as answer by CoryRS Thursday, September 22, 2011 4:06 AM
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 4:05 AM