SQL and MySQL RP Fail to Deploy in TP3 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Both SQL and MySQL resource providers are failing to deploy the same way in my environment.  

The server is fairly large with 2 x 12 core CPU, 256G RAM, 5 x 1T Disk.

Any ideas? Thanks!

New-AzureRmResourceGroupDeployment : 10:47:08 AM - Resource Microsoft.Compute/virtualMachines 'MYSQLVM' failed with
    message 'The resource operation completed with terminal provisioning state 'Failed'.'
    At C:\MySQL-PaaS\Providers\Deploy-Microsoft-provider.ps1:85 char:21
    + ... eployment = New-AzureRmResourceGroupDeployment -ResourceGroupName $re ...
    +                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [New-AzureRmResourceGroupDeployment], Exception
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Azure.Commands.Resources.NewAzureResourceGroupDeploymentCommand

New-AzureRmResourceGroupDeployment : 10:47:08 AM - VM 'MYSQLVM' failed to provision with timeout.
    At C:\MySQL-PaaS\Providers\Deploy-Microsoft-provider.ps1:85 char:21
    + ... eployment = New-AzureRmResourceGroupDeployment -ResourceGroupName $re ...
    +                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [New-AzureRmResourceGroupDeployment], Exception
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Azure.Commands.Resources.NewAzureResourceGroupDeploymentCommand

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 3:37 PM

Answers

• Turns out a VM couldn't be deployed using the the Server 2016 image.

I reinstalled the server 2016 default image and the SQL RP installed quickly with no problems.  

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 1:34 PM

All replies

• This often happens if you POC does not have enough remaining resources for the VM to start.  Check to see that your system still has memory and disk space.
    Tuesday, May 30, 2017 5:09 PM
  • Turns out a VM couldn't be deployed using the the Server 2016 image.

I reinstalled the server 2016 default image and the SQL RP installed quickly with no problems.  

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 1:34 PM