Errors when running a package RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am deploying a very simple package to an MSSQL 2012 SP1 SSISDB catalog using an environment for the parameters. I got the package to run fine one time. After that I only get "Unexpected termination" errors while running the package.

In the eventlog of the server I see the following error:

Application: ISServerExec.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
    Stack:
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Wrapper.PackageClass.IDTSExecutable100_Execute(Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Wrapper.IDTSConnections100, Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Wrapper.IDTSVariables100, Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Wrapper.IDTSEvents100, Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Wrapper.IDTSLogging100, System.Object)
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Wrapper.PackageClass.IDTSExecutable100_Execute(Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Wrapper.IDTSConnections100, Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Wrapper.IDTSVariables100, Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Wrapper.IDTSEvents100, Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Wrapper.IDTSLogging100, System.Object)
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.DtsContainer.Execute(Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Connections, Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Variables, Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.IDTSEvents, Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.IDTSLogging, System.Object)
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.IntegrationServices.Server.ISServerExec.ISServerExecutionEvents.StartPackage()
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.IntegrationServices.Server.ISServerExec.ProjectOperator.StartPackage()
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.IntegrationServices.Server.ISServerExec.ProjectOperator.PerformOperation()
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.IntegrationServices.Server.ISServerExec.ExecuteMain.Main(System.String[])

Anybody any idea what is causing this error? Another job on the same server (much more complex) is not experiencing these problems.

Regards,

Mark van Bree

Thursday, December 19, 2013 10:07 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Mark van Bree,

you probably interface unmanaged code thus the error text stemming from this fact is "unhandled exception".

Since we do not know what the package does or how it is being run (e.g. repro it) this is how far I can advance with you.

Arthur My Blog

Thursday, December 19, 2013 7:58 PM
  • Hi Mark van Bree,

As Arthur posted, it seems that you reference unmanaged code in your SSIS package, for example, you may use a custom or third-party task/component. In this case, the cause may be that the custom task/component doesn’t apply to SSIS 2012 well. So, you can check the details of the custom task/component to see if it works with SSIS 2012.

Here is a thread with a similar topic that you can check if it helps:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/a9d1e4f1-3481-476d-b74f-586c0211a3c7/applicationsavetosqlserver-ssis-object-model-call-generates-accessviolation-in-ssis-2012?forum=sqlintegrationservices.

Regards,
    Mike Yin

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

Mike Yin
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Mike Yin Tuesday, December 24, 2013 6:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mike Yin Sunday, December 29, 2013 1:36 PM
    Tuesday, December 24, 2013 6:21 AM
  • Thanks so much! It was because I had 2 Ace Ole DB drivers, for 64 and 86 installed(1. 64 bit, 2- 32bit with /passive flag). After reinstall only 64 bit driver this issue was solved
    Thursday, July 30, 2015 7:57 AM