Event Log Errors RRS feed

• Question

• User23648377 posted
    Hey All, I'm using the EMAB to write errors to a custom event log from my business objects. It works great, however I get multiple errors to the Application log. The first one follows: Event Type: Error Event Source: Application Event Category: None Event ID: 0 Date: 06/07/2004 Time: 8:56:33 AM User: N/A Computer: MGDEVELOP Description: The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Application ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: no keys found. And then the second... Event Type: Information Event Source: Application Event Category: None Event ID: 0 Date: 06/07/2004 Time: 8:56:33 AM User: N/A Computer: MGDEVELOP Description: The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Application ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: System Admin. I've seen this before and have searched MS KB and haven't really found anything concrete to prevent it. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks Mike
    Monday, June 7, 2004 9:03 AM

All replies

• User338806557 posted
    I had a similar problem and was able to solve it using the info in this post: http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=641029
    Wednesday, August 4, 2004 10:50 PM