The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure Virtual Machines!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

Migrated 15 physical servers from on-premises to Azure RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

We have made use of Azure Migrate and moved our work loads to Azure. We have used the suggested VM sizes mentioned by Azure migrate for all our servers. However, we see some performance issues and there is some latency when we have our applications constantly running. Would you suggest me to increase the size of the VM for better performance or should I continue to use the same sized VM's and drill down the performance counters to mitigate any issues found. 

- We have Antivirus configured with on-premises Threat/endpoint protection agents configured. Do you think that is causing any issues with our server performances. Please guide us.

• Edited by Vivan RA Monday, October 21, 2019 10:56 AM
    Monday, October 21, 2019 10:55 AM

Answers

• Before you up the size the VM, I would suggest finding the reason for performance issues. 

If you login to the VMs, can you check to see what is consuming the most resources? What is the average CPU and memory usage? 

• Marked as answer by Vivan RA Wednesday, October 23, 2019 11:53 AM
    Monday, October 21, 2019 3:57 PM

All replies

• Before you up the size the VM, I would suggest finding the reason for performance issues. 

If you login to the VMs, can you check to see what is consuming the most resources? What is the average CPU and memory usage? 

• Marked as answer by Vivan RA Wednesday, October 23, 2019 11:53 AM
    Monday, October 21, 2019 3:57 PM
  • Thank you Micah,

We were able to identity the services which were causing us performance issues and latency. 

It was due to Symantec endpoint protection & Update management which was fetching for latest updates. 

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 11:55 AM
  • Glad to hear it :) 
    Wednesday, October 23, 2019 4:14 PM