Formating Colums and Headings RRS feed

• Question

• On my results page I am using a grid view.  Is there a way to modify the format of the grid columns ?  I would like currency fields from my Access Database too be formated so in the grid.
    Thank you! Bruce Dill
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 8:36 PM

All replies

• Using CSS unless I don't understand your question.
    Also, there are several format options in design view if you click the little > arrow at the side of the grid view at the upper right corner.

Expression Web MVP

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 9:06 PM
  • Thanks Steve for your response.  I figured I had to use CSS but having never done it and being a total newbee to EW I am at a loss.  For example is there a way to formata a column in a grid to appear as currence $xxx,xxx.xx when the data in th mdb is formatted as currency?  When the data appears in my grid it looks like xxxxxx.xx.

Thank you! Bruce Dill
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 9:10 PM
  • Bruce, you might try the asp.net forum.  http://forums.asp.net/   You are into asp.net / data control territory.  (CSS has nothing to do with date formats, for example.)
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 9:47 PM
  • Read this:

http://www.homepagedoctor.com/Tutorials/FormatColumnAsCurrency.aspx

ClarkNK, A.K.A. HomePage Doctor
    HomePageDoctor.com -- Expression Web database tutorials
    Ownertrades.com -- Created with FP, Access, Bots and Wizards
    LawOfAllTheLand.org -- Created with Expression, VWDExress, SQL Express, and ASP.NET.
    Arvixe -- My favored web host
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 10:13 PM
  • Thanks Steve for your response.  I figured I had to use CSS but having never done it and being a total newbee to EW I am at a loss.  For example is there a way to formata a column in a grid to appear as currence $xxx,xxx.xx when the data in th mdb is formatted as currency?  When the data appears in my grid it looks like xxxxxx.xx.

Thank you! Bruce Dill

Formatting of tables can be done using CSS and/or Jquery. Using jQuery you could easily add the $ to a column of figures. If you had an example of a table online that I could look at I could give you the code to do it. 

I find it is faster loading a large table (250kByte size for example) by writing the cell data to a javascript array (loaded as an included file) and then letting the document javascript append the table row by row to the document. Sending just the raw cell data takes a lot less bandwidth than does the whole table structure. The added benefit is that if the user wants to sort columns, the array can be sorted and the document refreshed without having to hit the server to reload the page.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 10:44 PM