REMOTE USER Env variable is blank RRS feed

• Question

• User-2112774616 posted

Hi ,

So I setup a IIS server which runs my flask application. But when the REMOTE_USER environment variable is always ' ' (empty).

Please suggest a way such that the variable is populated with the users username.

Thanks

Tuesday, April 13, 2021 1:50 PM

Answers

• User1065476709 posted

Hi jainilparikh,

So I setup a IIS server which runs my flask application. But when the REMOTE_USER environment variable is always ' ' (empty).

Please suggest a way such that the variable is populated with the users username.

Have you enabled authentication, the REMOTE_USER needs authentication to identify users. you can try to enable windows authentication.

Best regards,

Sam

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Tuesday, September 28, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, April 14, 2021 2:23 AM

All replies

• User690216013 posted

The value of REMOTE_USER is only set when many conditions are met together, so if you see an empty string you know why,

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/iis/web-dev-reference/server-variables

Wednesday, April 14, 2021 1:26 AM
  • User1065476709 posted

Hi jainilparikh,

Have you enabled authentication, the REMOTE_USER needs authentication to identify users. you can try to enable windows authentication.

Best regards,

Sam

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Tuesday, September 28, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, April 14, 2021 2:23 AM