WDP was successful, but page gives Parse Error, Publish works successfully RRS feed

• Question

• User-2039475197 posted

I have a web application that we have built using visual studio 2008 (.net 2.0) and we are trying to use a web deployment project to deploy it to our test server.  After the project is built successfully, we try to open the page and get a "parse error" because it can't find the type specified in the Inherits statement in the aspx page.  When I use the publish command instead of the web deployment project to deploy the application it works successfuly.  The project will also run locally in debug so it doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the project.  I have noticed that the dll for the WDP build in the bin folder is only 9KB in size while when I publish the file is 177KB in size.  I have looked through the web deployment logs and can't see any problems. I also had another developer deploy using the WDP on their machine and they got the same result. Has anyone else seen this or have any ideas what is wrong?

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 11:30 AM

All replies

• User-1343066839 posted

Can you post the parse error page that you're getting?  Perhaps there is a 3rd party assembly that's not being deployed to you remote server which you app depends on?

Saturday, November 20, 2010 1:00 AM