none
Installing .NET 4 Framework Language Packs RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I know I can direct users to donwload the appropriate .NET 4 language pack from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=3324

and then install it. 

Is there any way to have language packs pushed out by an adminsitrator (maybe by SMS?), rather than having each each user download and install?  Or can I include all the different language packs in my installer and distribute them that way?

Thanks,

Notre

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 8:38 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Notre,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

I'm not so clear of your original purpose, would you please please explain it more specific?

• Why did you need end users to download and install the .NET Framework Language Pack?
    • You said "Is there any way to have language packs pushed out by an adminsitrator", did you mean push it via WU/WSUS?

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Andrew Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, August 4, 2011 7:12 AM
  • Hi Andrew,

We have a international user base.  Our product rehosts the MS .NET 4 workflow designer.  Some of the workflow designer user interface is localized by .NET 4 language packs.  I want to ensure that all the international users see the workflow designer UI localized for their language.  One approach would be to tell each user to download the appropriate .NET 4 language pack.  I'm looking at what other options I have to get the .NET 4 language package installed on the users' machines.

By WU do you mean Windows Updated?  What does WSUS mean?

Thanks,

Notre

Thursday, August 4, 2011 3:17 PM
  • Hi Notre,

Yes, the WU is Windows Update, and WSUS is Windows Server Update Services. I'm asking to clarify if your application will be used in an enterprise environment, so that you can let the IT department using it to deploy Language Pack. However, it is unlikely apply in your scenario.

In your case, I think you'll need to include the Language Packs in the installer to accomplish your goal. You can consider using Advanced Installer, InstallShield to make the installer.

If you need further support on how to making the installer, you can consider open a new thread in the dedicated setup project forum: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winformssetup/threads to get more efficient response.

Have a great day.

Andrew Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Notre Friday, August 5, 2011 4:08 PM
    Friday, August 5, 2011 7:14 AM