none
Why is the one table shifted right? RRS feed

Answers

• In the sample document, the table currently is set to align left of text. If you set it (in the UI) to align "center" of text then you'll see the .5" spacing. This will also include w:tblpXSpec="center"  in the emitted WML. 

Tom

Thursday, November 17, 2016 7:39 PM

All replies

• Hello Dave,
                    Thank you for your inquiry about Office specifications. We have created an incident to investigate this issue. One of the Open specifications team member will contact you shortly.

Regards,
    Sreekanth Nadendla
    Microsoft Windows Open specifications
    Sunday, October 2, 2016 2:55 PM
  • Hi Dave, 

I'll look into this and get back to you.

Best regards,
    Tom Jebo 
    Sr Escalation Engineer
    Microsoft Open Specifications Support

Monday, October 3, 2016 5:42 AM
  • Hi Dave, 

Because the table is marked as vertAnchor="Text", it's top left corner is anchored to the "234" paragraph vertically. However, in addition, it needs about 0.13" room right and left from surrounding text. When you remove this restriction (particularly left), the table shifts back to the left. This is the leftFromText attribute of tblpPr element: 

before:                 <w:tblpPr w:leftFromText="187" w:rightFromText="187" w:vertAnchor="text" w:tblpY="1"/>
    after:                <w:tblpPr w:rightFromText="187" w:vertAnchor="text" w:tblpY="1"/>

Does that make sense?

Also, when it shifts back to the left under the top table, you'll notice that it is indeed thinner to answer your second question.

Tom

Friday, October 7, 2016 2:14 PM
  • Yes thank you.

What we did for the last 6 months - Made the world's coolest reporting & docgen system even more amazing

Friday, October 7, 2016 2:16 PM
  • Hi Tom;

I was trying some other variations on this with this file. And it does not space over. Yet I think both tables should be spaced over. What am I missing?

thanks - dave

What we did for the last 6 months - Made the world's coolest reporting & docgen system even more amazing

Thursday, November 17, 2016 6:23 PM
  • I'll take a look Dave. 

Tom

Thursday, November 17, 2016 6:26 PM
  • In the sample document, the table currently is set to align left of text. If you set it (in the UI) to align "center" of text then you'll see the .5" spacing. This will also include w:tblpXSpec="center"  in the emitted WML. 

Tom

Thursday, November 17, 2016 7:39 PM