none
Getting ecUnknownUser while opening mailbox RRS feed

• Question

• We have some lagacy code using MAPI/RPC to display list of users for exchange. This code was working fine for Exchange 2003 and Exchage 2007. Some months ago, we updated the code to work with exchange 2010 and everything was fine till one of our customer migrated from exchange 2007 to exchange 2010. While expanding mailboxes of some of the users, this particular customer is getting error ecUnknownUser (0x3EB).

Problem is intermittent. Sometimes, for the same user it works fine and sometime the error ecUnknownUsers appearing.

We are using EcDoRPC and EcDoConnect API's to connect to exchange 2010. As per the Exchange protocol documentation, one normally face this error, when user is not available in Active Directory forest.

As per the customer, they are able to connect for the same user thriugh outllook.

Any pointers to resolve this issue or redirection to appropriate forum will be helpfull.

Thanks in advance.
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 11:39 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Peeyush:

I have alerted the open specification team regarding your inquiry. A member of the team will be in touch soon.

Regards, Obaid Farooqi
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 7:26 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Peeyush:

I have alerted the open specification team regarding your inquiry. A member of the team will be in touch soon.

Regards, Obaid Farooqi

Any update on this query.
    Friday, January 6, 2012 4:59 AM
  • Hi Peeyush,

This forum is for support of the Open Specification Protocol documentation.  Given the details of your issue, and the fact that the problem you are experiencing is intermittent, it appears this is a product support issue and not protocol related.

Therefore, my suggestion is to post your issue to the Exchange Developer forum as they will be better able to assist with this kind of problem.

Regards,
    Mark Miller
    Escalation Engineer
    US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 2:41 PM