Problem with Windows Mobile 6.0 build - cannot load from mscorlib RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am maintaining a Windows Mobile 6.0 app, running VS Team System 2008 and writing the code in C#. Recently I loaded SQL Server 2008 so that I could access the files in the on-board database (I lost access after loading Team Server). Having gotten that working, I loaded the CAB files onto the device and received this error:

"Could not load type System.IO.StreamWriter from assembly mscorlib, Verison=2.0.0.0, culture=neutral, PublicKeyTokey=969DB8053D3322AC"

I have eliminated any issue with the gun because I can load an older version and it will work but I do not know what could be causing the issue. I have done a clean and rebuilt the solution numerous times.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix or how I should go about figuring out how to solve this?

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 7:36 PM

Answers

• Hi NetCFDev,

Please try to close all the opened form and rebuild the solution again. If this doesn't solve it, please let me know.

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    • Marked as answer by NetCFDev Friday, March 19, 2010 12:04 PM
    Friday, March 19, 2010 7:10 AM
  • Thanks for your reply, the solution was to uninstall SQL Server 2005 and install SQL Server 2008. At least that's what made the difference.

Patti

Friday, March 19, 2010 12:03 PM

All replies

• Hi NetCFDev,

Please try to close all the opened form and rebuild the solution again. If this doesn't solve it, please let me know.

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Friday, March 19, 2010 7:10 AM
  • Thanks for your reply, the solution was to uninstall SQL Server 2005 and install SQL Server 2008. At least that's what made the difference.

Patti

Friday, March 19, 2010 12:03 PM