none
Issues reinstalling Net Framework V4 and higher RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,OK this issue started a month ago with a wonky Windows Update right now with out looking it up I do not recall exactly which one.  There were several updates that installed with a download in mod August.  However once completed and I rebooted I had major Window problems, however system restore put things back to right.  So I did the downloads again one at time and found the one that caused the problem and marked it to hide so I not have to deal with it again after system restore fixed things yet again.  However over night  there were more updated and after a reboot all the problems where back, so I did system restore again.  However this time I got the message system restore did not complete to try again or use another restore point.  I used the same-one as it worked the day before.  Again I got it did not complete to try again or use another restore point, I went to try another one, but I had none they were all wiped cleaned!  While system restore was marked as working it would not accept any new restore points, my internet connection was gone, and a pile of other problems that I have over time resolved except fixing Net Framework and things rely on V4 and above of Net Framework.  I have run the more times then I care to count the verification tool, repair tool and Net Framework cleaner and nothing has changed.  I have done System File Checker run CCCleaner Reg fix, and other tools one can download and I cannot install Net Framework 4.0 or higher all the window updates that deal with 3.5 and above Net Framework all fail.   I have tired different download of Net Framework but all do the same they download just fine but error out on the install.  One thing that requires 4.0 or higher is my Anchorfree HSS VPN adapter so it not working correctly and that shows as an issue in Device Manager.  Here is log from a failed attempt to install Net Framework this is from 4.5.5 but they all say same thing:

Well I have them but I got this when I went to send: Body text cannot contain images or links until we are able to verify your account.

I have also done a non destructive upgrade reinstall of Win 7 64bit.  That resolved some issues but also created a few that I have mostly taken care of but Net Framework issues survived the reinstall!  I have said things about Microsoft and Windows OS that would make any sailor blush!  I have read things others posted gone dowe many rabbit holes only to fine out lead to something that MS once offered but was not to be found or retired!  One repair for this is to install Win 10!  Well lets say I had Win10 for Free and I hated it and I did away with it.  For me it was almost as sad of an OS as Vista. IMHO  I have been owner user of Windows computers since the 286 was new, so not like I am new comer to how things should work.  What I am seeing is that now Net Framework has become so ingrained into the Windows OS that once it messes up nothing really seems to fix it except maybe a full reformat and reinstall of the OS.  Which to me makes Net Framework the Achilles Heel of modern Windows OS now and it brings more problems then true benefits. 

So can anyone think of a solution to my Net Framework issues without a complete clean install of Win7?  As the the tools offered by Microsoft and other Forums dealing with Windows OS have not lead me to finding a solution yet!  If a total reformat and clean install is the only solution my other option may well be moving from Windows to a Mac.  One other issue that came with this is I cannot to backup where I pick what I want to back up.  I get that it cannot be done due to corrupted files, but will do a complete recopy of the current system and all issues!                                                   Thanks,                                                                                                                                                                                       Dean

Wednesday, September 20, 2017 8:49 AM

All replies

• Hi Dean,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

>>I got this when I went to send:  Body text cannot contain images or links until we are able to verify your account.

Please ask for a requirement in Verify Account 40 to verify your account, then upload your log file so that we could help you analyze.

>> So can anyone think of a solution to my Net Framework issues without a complete clean install of Win7?

Please try with following steps:

1. Run Fix it tool to fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed.

2. Refer to How to: Determine Which .NET Framework Versions Are Installed, check which versions are installed.

3. If the .Net Framework 4.0 or higher versions are not installed, follow the Installing the .NET Framework guide.

4. Run Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool to fix the potential problems.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 21, 2017 8:30 AM