none
How to access exchange bounceback messages from a aspx vb.net application? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a aspx vb.net application developing in vs2012 that I would like to be able to access MS Exchange Server data - specifically information about bounce backed emails.  Is it possible to do this?  Could someone kindly point me to where I can learn to do this...bit of a newbie, any help greatly appreciated, Roscoe
    Thursday, October 24, 2013 1:43 PM

Answers

• Hi Roscoe,

Thank you for posting on MSDN forum.

According to your description, you want to get emails whose “sent from” addresses were not existing from Exchange server.

As far as I know, we can access nearly all the information stored in an Exchange mailbox through EWS (Microsoft Exchange Web Services Managed API 2.0)

Please look at these articles:

Get started with EWS Managed API client applications

EWS Managed API 2.0

In addition, this is a forum for developers to discuss questions about VBA, VSTO and Office apps etc., since your question is related to Exchange Server development, would you mind if I move this thread to Exchange Server Development forum?

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by rpfinn Friday, October 25, 2013 6:04 PM
    Friday, October 25, 2013 6:03 AM

All replies

• What exactly are you having problems with? Accessing a mailbox? Processing messages? Or something else?

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.5 is now available!

Thursday, October 24, 2013 2:16 PM
  • Thanks Dmitry for the quick reply...The application reports on the activities of another application.  The "other" application builds email messages and passes them over to the exchange server to send out through its' proxy.  The "other" application also writes records to a table indicating the tasks it has performed.  Sometimes the email message built by the "other" application contains a none existant "sent from" address.  Some of the detination email servers check to make sure the "sent from" address exists and if it does not quite rightly bounce back the email to our email server.

My aspx vb.net application presents some charts and gridview showing what the "other" application has been doing by accessing the table the "other" application has been writing to to record the tasks it has performed.  I would like my application to also report on emails that were built and passed on to the exchange server but were bounced back to our email server because of a bad "sent from" address.

Thanks tonnes for any help, Roscoe

Thursday, October 24, 2013 3:31 PM
  • Hi Roscoe,

Thank you for posting on MSDN forum.

According to your description, you want to get emails whose “sent from” addresses were not existing from Exchange server.

As far as I know, we can access nearly all the information stored in an Exchange mailbox through EWS (Microsoft Exchange Web Services Managed API 2.0)

Please look at these articles:

Get started with EWS Managed API client applications

EWS Managed API 2.0

In addition, this is a forum for developers to discuss questions about VBA, VSTO and Office apps etc., since your question is related to Exchange Server development, would you mind if I move this thread to Exchange Server Development forum?

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by rpfinn Friday, October 25, 2013 6:04 PM
    Friday, October 25, 2013 6:03 AM