none
Edit All in web expressions RRS feed

• Question

• How do I "edit all"   in the whole website-

for example copyright 2011  (need to change in the whole website to 2012)

soon

(I used to be able to do an edita all using frontpage!) 

thanks!

bb

• Moved by Lori DirksModerator Tuesday, May 24, 2011 4:40 PM move to web forum (From:Expression Community Site Feedback)
    Tuesday, May 24, 2011 2:26 PM

All replies

• Search and Replace, just like in Word, Excel, and a bajillion other programs.
    "If I had asked my customers what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse." Henry Ford
    Tuesday, May 24, 2011 5:37 PM
  • I think it is "Find and Replace" in most programs.
    Tuesday, May 24, 2011 8:15 PM
  • Same difference.
    "If I had asked my customers what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse." Henry Ford
    Tuesday, May 24, 2011 8:44 PM
  • Besides Search and Replace, you could also use  a Dynamic Web Template, attached it all pages; then just update one file with the copyright message; that then saves and updates all the attached pages.

Other options would be Shared Borders (no longer supported in EW4) or Include Pages.  You could also use standard Server Side Includes.

Andrew M

http://www.murraywebs.com

"Nothing spoils numbers faster than arithmetic!"
    -- Peppermint Patty (Peanuts, Charles M. Schulz)
    Tuesday, May 24, 2011 10:46 PM
  • I use this script, below. It automatically updates the year and leaves the complete range visible (Copyright 2010-2012 YourNameHere Inc.) as time goes by, so there's no doubt.

I have no idea where I got it. I've had it stored in the Code Snippets for ages. Problem solved. You never have to pay attention to it again; it'll update each Jan. 1, automatically.

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
        document.write('&copy; 200X-'+(new Date()).getFullYear() + '&nbsp;&nbsp;  My Company Ltd');
        </script>
      <noscript>&copy; My Company Ltd</noscript>

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 11:58 PM