Consuming multiple services in ASP.net RRS feed

• Question

• User540577793 posted

We have more than 20 clients who are using our system and they have their own system which has got some web services exposed and we are asked to consume those services in our solution,all these client services are exposed to update their employee records in their internal system issue here is all services have different method name and parameters but internally they do the same thing, what is the best way to implement this issue?

Thursday, April 17, 2014 6:13 AM

Answers

• User-417640953 posted

here is all services have different method name and parameters but internally they do the same thing, what is the best way to implement this issue?

Hi mvc42013,

Thank you post the issue to our forum.

Based on your description, I see your clients exposed their service method with different name and parameters.

So we must call the service according to their role, otherwise, we cannot call those service method.

For this issue, I suggest you note below points.

# Contact your clients and let them maintain same format of service method.

# You can try to create a method call those methods, and pass parameters which can identify which service you will call.

Hope that helps, thanks.

Best Regards!

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, April 17, 2014 10:27 PM
  • User503812343 posted

you can provide some interface to call WCF services. This interface should call WCF services dynamically accordingly client requirements.

check   dynamic WCF services

Sunday, April 20, 2014 10:30 PM
  • User-488622176 posted

I see 2 options:

• Try to define a common service message format & service contract (with your clients) and ask your clients to implement this message format & service contract. This simplifies the complexity of calling X services
    • Either call them all in a row, or work with a config file you use to call the services. The config file contains the service URI's and the parameter descriptions.  The more uniform the services & messages are, the easier it is to configure everything in a config file.
    Wednesday, April 23, 2014 3:57 AM

All replies

• User-417640953 posted

here is all services have different method name and parameters but internally they do the same thing, what is the best way to implement this issue?

Hi mvc42013,

Thank you post the issue to our forum.

Based on your description, I see your clients exposed their service method with different name and parameters.

So we must call the service according to their role, otherwise, we cannot call those service method.

For this issue, I suggest you note below points.

# Contact your clients and let them maintain same format of service method.

# You can try to create a method call those methods, and pass parameters which can identify which service you will call.

Hope that helps, thanks.

Best Regards!

Thursday, April 17, 2014 10:27 PM
  • User503812343 posted

you can provide some interface to call WCF services. This interface should call WCF services dynamically accordingly client requirements.

check   dynamic WCF services

Sunday, April 20, 2014 10:30 PM
  • User-488622176 posted

I see 2 options:

• Try to define a common service message format & service contract (with your clients) and ask your clients to implement this message format & service contract. This simplifies the complexity of calling X services
    • Either call them all in a row, or work with a config file you use to call the services. The config file contains the service URI's and the parameter descriptions.  The more uniform the services & messages are, the easier it is to configure everything in a config file.
    Wednesday, April 23, 2014 3:57 AM
  • User540577793 posted

Thanks al for your valuable inputs the option we are exploring is ChannelFactory with the combination of Adaptor Patterns and as per basic POC it seems to be going to help us in achiving it.

Thursday, April 24, 2014 5:14 AM