How to retain Menu in Master Detail Page navigation RRS feed

• Question

• User164032 posted

Seems I am running into the same issue with the Master Detail page as I did the Shell. I can't seem to figure out how to retain the hamburger menu while navigating. As long as I am navigating from the first Master Detail page, I can keep the hamburger menu. But as soon as I navigate from a page that is loaded into the details pane, the menu goes away.

For instance

MDPage -First Level Detail Page (has Menu) --Second Level Navigated from First Level (No Menu)

I am navigating using Navigation.PushAsync(new Page). The Navigation page is already the details page, so you'd think that this would cause the details page to update, but instead its replacing the entire view.

I tried creating static references in the App for the Master and Detail page, but this wont allow any navigation at all for some reason.

Tuesday, May 19, 2020 8:09 PM

All replies

• User369978 posted

The Navigation page is already the details page, so you'd think that this would cause the details page to update, but instead its replacing the entire view.

Master Detail Page is totally different from TabbedPage , the menu only shows on first Level , this is the design behavior .

We can't retain Menu while the page push into second level .

Wednesday, May 20, 2020 3:01 AM