changes in aspx.cs files are not reflected by iis RRS feed

• Question

• User-872939285 posted

Hello,

I have configured my web using iis 6.0. It worked fine first time. I then made a change in aspx.cs file to hide the banner and reloaded the site and noticed that the change didn't get picked up. I have read several similar posting and tried their suggestions (e.g. change web config file, restart iis, restart app recycle pool, delete files and reload files, disable cache, clear browser cookies/cache etc) but have not been able to resolve the issue. Is it not compiling or still using pre-compiled templates/files? What do I need to do to make sure files are compiled and changes are reflected? Thanks!

Thursday, April 10, 2014 11:13 AM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi,

change web config file, restart iis, restart app recycle pool, delete files and reload files, disable cache, clear browser cookies/cache etc) but have not been able to resolve the issue.

Try restarting IIS Server. 

To reset IIS, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, select Run as administrator, type iisreset, and press Enter.

You can also check log files on your side, and check whether it can give some hints why this happens.

Best regards

Angie

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, April 13, 2014 11:34 PM

All replies

• User1208776063 posted

I then made a change in aspx.cs file to hide the banner and reloaded the site and noticed that the change didn't get picked up.

I'm assuming that you are using VisualStudio to make changes to codebehind files. You need to build the project and then copy the .dll to the website folder on the webserver. You can also publish the website using Publish option from VisualStudio.  You can also see css/Js/HTML changes instantly but code changes need a compilation and subsequent publishing.

Thursday, April 10, 2014 11:38 AM
  • User-872939285 posted

No I doing the change to file on IIS without visual studio (using notepad).  I am using ASP .NET 4.0 application pool instead of ASP.NET Classic 4.0 or Classic .NET App Pool as my webpage uses .NET 4.0. Could this be the problem?

Thursday, April 10, 2014 1:31 PM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi,

change web config file, restart iis, restart app recycle pool, delete files and reload files, disable cache, clear browser cookies/cache etc) but have not been able to resolve the issue.

Try restarting IIS Server. 

To reset IIS, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, select Run as administrator, type iisreset, and press Enter.

You can also check log files on your side, and check whether it can give some hints why this happens.

Best regards

Angie

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, April 13, 2014 11:34 PM