PowerPivot configuration RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to add a PowerPivot file to Sharepoint 2010, but it is preventing me from displaying this in Sharepoint.  Is there something special I need to configure in Sharepoint for this to work?  How?

Ryan D

Thursday, September 19, 2013 4:38 PM

Answers

All replies

• You need to create the PowerPivot service application first. only then you can visualize PowerPivot content in SharePoint.

val it: unit=()

Thursday, September 19, 2013 4:49 PM
  • And how do I do that?  I installed PowerPivot in Excel and it works fine in Excel

Ryan D

Thursday, September 19, 2013 4:59 PM
  • there are many things you need to do to have PowerPivot on SharePoint

1. Install PowerPivot for SharePoint.

The service application for PowerPivot is shipped with SQL Server 2008 R2 and SQL 2012. You need to install the service application from there.

2. Install the PowerPivot plugin on each and every WFE

3. Configure the PowerPivot Service application in central admin

Refer to this

http://sharepoint.licomputersource.com/2011/03/18/how-to-install-and-configure-powerpivot-for-sharepoint-2010-2/

val it: unit=()

• Marked as answer by ironryan77 Friday, September 20, 2013 2:45 AM
    Thursday, September 19, 2013 5:20 PM
  • PowerPivot has several facets to it.  What you're using is probably the free extension for excel that allows significant data import.  This doesn't have any intrinsic relationship with SharePoint.  The best that you can probably achieve here is using a page capture web part to surface the sheet or export a graphical view.

The server side MSDN student has covered and is typically bolted onto an SSRS / SQL Studio box (as I understand it).

Thursday, September 19, 2013 10:41 PM
    Answerer