Media Extensions sample and camera

Question

• I'm trying to extend Media Extensions sample by using camera as a media samples source.

Stuck on Invert sample. It Requires input type to be MFVideoFormat_RGB32 subType. But my camera reports it has MFVideoFormat_YUY2 . 

No idea how to solve this. Tried to create a IMFMediaBuffer and convert the data before transforming - no luck, tried to change a textures color format - no luck. 

Need an advice - from where to start?

Sunday, July 20, 2014 11:43 PM

Answers

• Thank you for reply but looks like i solved this problem.

Media extensions sample provides just basic logic on setting, getting aviable media types. I have re-implemented this logic and now my transform can work with any media types, including YUY2. 

Monday, July 21, 2014 7:18 PM

All replies

• I'll ask our media guru to check this out.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, July 21, 2014 7:14 PM
  • Thank you for reply but looks like i solved this problem.

Media extensions sample provides just basic logic on setting, getting aviable media types. I have re-implemented this logic and now my transform can work with any media types, including YUY2. 

Monday, July 21, 2014 7:18 PM