Problems with PathListBox when changing the databound ObservableCollection RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

I'm using a circular pathlistbox to interact with users by allowing them to add, delete, and rearrange items in an ObservableCollection. However, I'm having an odd graphical issue. I'm using the PathListbox Utils tools (http://expressionblend.codeplex.com/releases/view/44915) to animate the list when it's clicked on. 

Here's the behavior I'm seeing. I have a populated observable collection bound to the PLB. The items are oriented to the path. When the path animates everything animates correctly. I then reorder the items (ie: move an item forward or backwards one) by Moving it in the OC (OC.Move(OldIndex, OldIndex+1)). If I then animate the PLB the item that has been moved loses its path orientation. It is visually stuck being oriented at whatever angle it was after it was moved.

If I then set the underlying databinding equal to a different OC and then back to the original, the correct animation behavior is restored.

I do not believe this is an issue with the PathListBoxUtils code. I've gone in and stepped through it. Its rotation matrix has the correct angle values. Is it possible that this is a bug in the PathListBox itself? Is there a way I can force it to reorient?

Thanks,

Ryan Brown

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 6:53 PM

All replies

• Anyone have any thoughts on this?
    Monday, September 20, 2010 3:00 PM
  • Hi Ryan, I too have been seeing these sort of problems with the PLB and the utils provided by the codeplex project. ive started a discussion there as well. hopefully some one from the EB team will help out!

thanks

justin

Monday, November 8, 2010 8:08 PM
  • I'm experiencing this type of problem as well. Has there been any progress on a solution or workaround?
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 2:29 PM