none
AI (Internal): [msg=Log Error];[msg=System.NullReferenceException: RRS feed

• Question

• Hello I'm getting a bunch of these traces in my 
    "Diagnostic Search"

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at System.Net.NetworkInformation.NetworkChange.add_NetworkAddressChanged(NetworkAddressChangedEventHandler value)
       at Microsoft.ApplicationInsights.Extensibility.Implementation.Platform.Network.AddAddressChangedEventHandler(NetworkAddressChangedEventHandler handler)
       at Microsoft.ApplicationInsights.Channel.NetworkAvailabilityTransmissionPolicy.SubscribeToNetworkAddressChangedEvents()

I'm running AI on WP8.1 and I have version 0.16.1.418 installed

I'm not really sure what causes it I just see them in there....  I'm also having an issue getting telemetryClient.TrackException to log any data and I'm not sure if that's related...

//This logs a message just fine

client.TrackTrace(message, Microsoft.ApplicationInsights.DataContracts.SeverityLevel.Error);

//This 	logs nothing
    client.TrackException(new Exception(message));

Tuesday, May 19, 2015 4:56 AM

Answers

• For the first issue, this is a bug in our SDK that we're tracking and will have a fix for soon. For the TrackException call, is it possible the data is simply delayed showing up in the portal? You can confirm by running fiddler and seeing if the exception is sent out. 

Jakub Oleksy | Developer | Visual Studio Online

• Marked as answer by shaen Friday, May 29, 2015 3:53 PM
    Tuesday, May 19, 2015 3:30 PM
  • We just released a newer version that address the first issue you are facing.

http://www.nuget.org/packages/Microsoft.ApplicationInsights.WindowsApps/0.17.0

Regarding the second issue can you open Fiddler and see what's the response you are getting and also share it here?

Thanks

Meni Zalzman

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 7:03 PM

All replies

• For the first issue, this is a bug in our SDK that we're tracking and will have a fix for soon. For the TrackException call, is it possible the data is simply delayed showing up in the portal? You can confirm by running fiddler and seeing if the exception is sent out. 

Jakub Oleksy | Developer | Visual Studio Online

• Marked as answer by shaen Friday, May 29, 2015 3:53 PM
    Tuesday, May 19, 2015 3:30 PM
  • Yea reviewing this morning it looks like they eventually made their way :-) I was thinking that might happen just wanted to try and mention anything that might possibly be helpful
    Tuesday, May 19, 2015 4:41 PM
  • We just released a newer version that address the first issue you are facing.

http://www.nuget.org/packages/Microsoft.ApplicationInsights.WindowsApps/0.17.0

Regarding the second issue can you open Fiddler and see what's the response you are getting and also share it here?

Thanks

Meni Zalzman

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 7:03 PM
  • Just got 0.17.0 deployed and I'm not seeing this exception anymore in the logs :-)

Friday, May 29, 2015 3:52 PM