ICE and Create IBW Disk RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have been trying to create an IBW Disk by going to Tools -> Create Media -> Create IBW Image from Answer File -> I then select a directory for the image files to go to then click on the OK button and I get the following error:

Windows Embedded Standard 7 - Image Configuration Editor execution failed

Path cannot be the empty string or all whitespace

I have tried putting a root directory for the path and a USB drive for the path and still the same message.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Dan

Thursday, June 7, 2012 2:52 PM

All replies

• The error might be related to a settings change in the answer file. You may have a setting set to an empty where a string is required. Do a validation and check to see if there is an error.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Thursday, June 7, 2012 8:55 PM
  • Hi Dan,

Don't direct setting the path to USB storage root directory .  When your generationt the IBW Disk from ICE please setting the path to HDD.

And then copy those file to your usb storage.   Maybe your feel strange but this is ture.

Johnny

Johnny

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 7:39 AM
  • Hi Guys,

Thank you for your responses.

I have stripped out the response file of all my custom settings and still get the same error.

I don't know how but I managed to get it working for my previous project but now from a fresh one I'm back with the same error, the only thing I have done is built an answer file from a PMQ file from running Tap.exe and validated and added all the required packages and made the required changes.

Thanks again

Dan

Thursday, March 7, 2013 3:21 PM
  • I recommended building the image to a sub folder on your development machine. Once built you can copy to a USB flash disk. Don't build to a root of a disk.

-Sean

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Thursday, March 7, 2013 5:49 PM