none
OK simple VSTO question RRS feed

• Question

• All I am making is a button for the ribbon that launches a previuosly compatible version of LG sync. I build the project and loaded a ribbon (visual designer) item and set it up with name picture and wrote my C# code see below.

When I click debug though there are no errors I do not see the new tab in the addins on the developer tab or a new tab or even when I load it to the file menu what am I missing were is it I want to test the C# process code but cannot find my button.

Process WMCSyncManager = new Process();

WMCSyncManager.StartInfo.FileName = "WMCSyncManager.exe";

WMCSyncManager.Start();

Saturday, June 11, 2011 1:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Ribbon for what program? Word, Outlook, Excel, etc?

You can enable ribbon-troubleshooting in Outllokto know if the ribbon was loaded ok; go to File -> Options -> Advanced -> Developers - Show add-in user interface errors (mark)

Regards,

Mauro

twitter.com/mcastagnasso | castagnasso.wordpress.com | If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful".
    Saturday, June 11, 2011 8:32 PM
  • That is enabled already. 

When I go into options under the add-in section I see that the ribbon object is there ie I see

NAME: Lg Sync for Outlook 2010 LOCATION: file:///...look 2010.vsto|vstolocal TYPE:COM Add-in

Listed under active but I cannot see it in the options under customize the ribbon anywere and the button is not visible on any section of the ribbon through out the various parts of the application mail,calender,contacts, tasks and the sub parts of the ribbon for them home, send/recive,  folder, view, developer, add-in ect...

Having different subdirectories is also confusing when making the ribbon object ideally it would show up in the same sub section of the ribbon no matter what part of the application is running contacts, calender ect... but honestly I cannot see it at all yet.

Thursday, June 23, 2011 11:40 PM