none
evaluation for paralysis RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• What exactly do you want to do with it?  Do you have a preference for which language you want to use?
    Sunday, January 8, 2012 1:18 PM
  • yes i have , i want to work on C# .

i want to use it for paralysis to evaluate them .

the evaluation should determine the status of the case we work on (case : here i mean the person who has paralysis ) then the program should determine the exercise for this case(this person ) 

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 7:48 PM
  • In that case you will likely need the case's entire body to be visible to the Kinect in order for it to determine its joint positions.  I'm not sure how good the skeletal tracking is if the person is laying down, but you will have to try it out.

My suggestion would be to start with the sample program in the SDK for skeletal viewing.  It is a simple application, but gives you an idea of how the tracking works.  If it detects the case's joints properly, then you would need to perform some pose detection to see how much and what type of activities they perform.

Have you had a look through the SDK documentation yet?

Thursday, January 19, 2012 9:58 PM
  • no but i will do as soon as possible .

but the main question is how can i start with C# code , which part can i start with to start programing

Thursday, January 19, 2012 11:40 PM
  • Sorry, but I am more of a C++ guy.  Even so, I think the best place to start is with the sample programs provided with the SDK.  They are already functional, and you can use them as a basis for your own projects.
    Friday, January 20, 2012 6:08 AM
  • so mr jason can i use c++ in this case
    Friday, January 20, 2012 9:10 PM
  • Yes, of course :)  The SDK is equally capable in both C# or C++, so whichever you prefer you can use.

Do you have your Kinect connected to your computer?  If so, then start one of the sample programs and see how it tracks you.  Then you can take a look at the code and start to work backwards to determine what poses you are making.  This generic step will then make it easier to set up a routine for detecting your patient's poses later on.

Friday, January 20, 2012 9:37 PM
  • ok i will

so you will be with me step by step in this project to support me and learn me more

Friday, January 20, 2012 10:54 PM
  • I will do what I can - I'm no expert in medical evaluation or anything like that, but I will do my best to help where I can.  Once again, if you are using C# then I don't have much practical experience doing that...

Just ask questions as you have them, and I'm sure someone here on the forums will be able to help you out.

Saturday, January 21, 2012 6:46 AM
  • ok 

i will do my best 

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 9:13 PM
  • know how can i start with this project , what is the first step ??

Wednesday, February 1, 2012 1:56 PM
  • Hi,

As a first step please begin with the code samples installed with kinect sdk. Work more on Skeleton Tracking for your requirement. Next try to build your app using the sample code. Post your questions/clarifications for further help.

Friday, February 3, 2012 3:20 PM
  • You can also view the Kinect for Windows Quick start series of videos that are online. Dan Fernandez provides an excellent step-by-step guide on getting things setup and building out the key areas of the application.

http://channel9.msdn.com/Series/KinectQuickstart

Friday, February 3, 2012 9:43 PM