Rich edit box selection will be visible when appbar launched.

Question

• I have an application for formatting a text in a richeditbox. I have placed the buttons for bold,italic,fontsize, etc in the appbar. we can select the text and change the format by clicking them.

My problem is that, When I select a text and launch the appbar , I am able to  change the format for the selected text. But the selection on the Rich Text Box is not visible.

I want the selection on the text to be visible even the appbar is launched.

Monday, December 17, 2012 7:09 AM

All replies

• Hi,

When the app bar show, RichEditBox will lost focus so that select string is not visible.

I try to make the App bar sticky, it will be better than lost focus on RichEditBox.

If we enable sticky, we can keep the string selected in RichEditBox. But when the app bar first show, the  RichEditBox will lost focus also.

For more information about appbar, please check this
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/xaml/hh781232.aspx

Best regards,
    Jesse

Jesse Jiang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by RedRose8 Wednesday, December 19, 2012 4:32 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by RedRose8 Wednesday, December 19, 2012 4:36 AM
    Tuesday, December 18, 2012 6:39 AM
  • Hi,

Would you mind letting me know the result of the suggestions? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know. I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Best regards,
    Jesse

Jesse Jiang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, December 21, 2012 2:08 AM
  • Hi,

I tried to solve this issue by enabling isSticky. But it didn't work for me. Still the focus is lost when the AppBar open. 

Regards,

RedRose.

Friday, December 21, 2012 4:57 AM