none
Help needed w/ ADO.NET access to ASE/Sybase 15.5 DB. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I'm trying to use ADO.NET provider in VS2010 to access a Sybase 15.5 database.  I tried locating a proper release of the Sybase 15.5 SDK for this, but am having trouble finding one that would work -- and Sybase only seems to make their 15.7 SDK (and client software) available now.

Would the 15.7 SDK (and its ADO.NET provider and relevant client software) work fine for accessing 15.5 database w/out issues?

IF not, can someone direct me to a proper release of 15.5 SDK that provides proper ADO.NET provider support for Sybase 15.5?  OR can someone show me what I need to do to get an earlier 15.5 SDK (that I installed) set up to work for ADO.NET access?  I added reference to what looks like the Sybase ADO.NET provider (by tracking down its DLL) in my VS2010 solution, but that apparently does not cover all the DLLs it needs to work -- I get an error at runtime that it cannot locate one of the other DLLs in the same directory as the DLL I used for ADO.NET reference in the solution.

Thanks much.

ManW

• Edited by ManW Thursday, August 22, 2013 6:16 PM
    Thursday, August 22, 2013 5:51 PM

Answers

• Hmmm...  Seems the command prompt I was using has "stale" environment (from before I got it working).  Seems to work fine now in a newly started command prompt.

ManW

Thursday, August 22, 2013 8:17 PM

All replies

• Strange.  The console app now seems to work when running the program inside VS2010, but still not at the command prompt -- it throws exception that it cannot load sybdrvado20.dll, which is in the same directory as the DLL I used when adding reference (C:\Sybase\DataAccess\ADONET\dll\Sybase.AdoNet2.AseClient.dll).

ManW

Thursday, August 22, 2013 7:14 PM
  • Hmmm...  Seems the command prompt I was using has "stale" environment (from before I got it working).  Seems to work fine now in a newly started command prompt.

ManW

Thursday, August 22, 2013 8:17 PM
  • Thank you for sharing your inspiration with us.

Your solution would help other engineer out of trouble if they have the same problem.

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, August 23, 2013 7:45 AM