Getting at the Capacity data programmatically RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I've writing a tool that integrates with TFS and I'd like to pull the team's capacity data from the folder.  I had a hack in place that was working with the old server version, but now we've updated the server to TFS 2015, and need to do something differently.

I've looked around on MSDN and it seems like WorkHttpClient.GetCapacitiesAsync does what I want, but I can't figure out how to make this work (TeamFoundation.Core.WebApi.Types.TeamContext doesn't seem like something I can get at).  Since there's no documentation on this method to be found, maybe this doesn't work yet?  

What's the best way to get the capacity data from my application with TFS 2015?

Windows Slave

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 1:13 AM

Answers

• Hi Cole F,

Thank you for posting here

I am sorry that I can not find the assembly/class/method that named "WorkHttpClient.GetCapacitiesAsync" you mentioned above. Could you please share the link that tells about it here? And what do you mean about the Capacity Data, is the Capacity Per Day or Data of Sprint like the following picture?

If so, you could use TFS REST API to get team capacity, and you can refer to:

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/docs/integrate/api/work/capacity#get-a-team-s-capacity

Best regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, June 23, 2016 9:11 AM