none
No public property for TableAdapter generated with wizard RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm using the VS2005 wizard to generate table adapters. As I get the connection string dynamically at runtime, I need to set it manually to each table adapter.
       I'm using stored procedures to retrieve data from the DB. When the stored procedure returns some rows, I get a DataTable and a TableAdapter in the designer view (the DataSet.xsd). I can set the ConnectionString property as public and everything works fine.

Some of my other stored procedures have out parameters and don't return anything. In the designer view, there's only my TableAdapter and no DataTable (because there's no data). On the TableAdapter, I can find a ConnectionString modifier and I can set it to public. I verified in the xsd file that indeed the attribute was set to public. However, when I try to access it in the code, I get errors because the property isn't generated.

It looks to me like a VS2005 TableAdapter generator bug and I'd like to know if there's a fix or if I'm doing something wrong (unlikely, I've got the other table adapters working fine).

Cheers.
    Friday, August 10, 2007 2:20 PM