none
Right Click Context menu not working in outlook form region RRS feed

• Question

• I built an outlook form region for outlook 2010.  

The region has a message field so users can author html content as they do in regular emails.

When i paste a chart or image, i notice that the right click cut/ and copy functions don't work.

Doing the same thing in a regular email works fine.  

I built the form inside of Outlook, saved the ofs file and imported using the forms region wizard into my vsto 2010 addin project.

I am using vs 2015. 

Any idea how to fix this?  I didn't write one line of code for these functions and would n't have a clue what if anything i am supposed to write.  

Tuesday, December 27, 2016 5:27 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Sorry that I failed to import with Office2010/VS2015.

But It works in Office2013/VS2015, if possible, I would suggest you use Office2013 or you could create new form region in VS.

What is your detail version of Office2010?

What type of the form region do you choose when you importing?

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 10:17 AM
  • Hello,

An old approach was used for creating a form region. Try creating a form region from Visual Studio instead, see Creating Outlook Form Regions for more information. 

profile for Eugene Astafiev at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 7:14 PM
  • I can't use Office 2013.  My firm uses 2010.  Version is 14.0.7173.5000 32 bit

I use Outlook built in email body control.  That is where the right click cut will not work.  Copy does not work eitherI

I need to use the body control to get the free integration with existing ribbon functionality such as insert signature, bold, fonts, etc. I also need it to generate HTML based on user text.

When I tried to create the form using VS, I got an AxHost exception when trying to drag the Body control onto the form, so OFS is apparently my only option.

Friday, January 27, 2017 8:32 PM