Cant Connect to VM Via RDP on defualt Port RRS feed

• Question

• I’m having issues with one of the servers I migrated to Azure via ASR. All the diagnostics state the VM is working fine but I cannot connect to the server via RDP. I have reboot it and Azure states it is working fine, if I reset the RDP it fails as below

Failed to reset the RDP configuration for virtual machine 'VDC57'

the Network appears correct and inline with other VMs

How would I know the server is not bluescreen or a service not started etc as I can see what is happening on the VM

I Tried to enable Boot diagnostics but get this error

Failed to update diagnostics settings for 'VDC57'. Error: 'Unable to create virtual machine 'VDC57': 'In order to use extension reference, ProvisionGuestAgent must be set during virtual machine provisioning.

any assistance would be greatful

Cheers Dennis Dennis Computers

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 1:16 PM

All replies

• Hello Dennis,

Greetings!

We are pleased to answer your query. With regards to your query, to reset remote desktop connection for Azure VM, guest agent must be installed. To verify/install the Guest agent for azure VM i would suggest you to refer the article VM Agent and Extensions which explain hot to verify/install the guest agent. Once you install the guest agent try enable the boot diagnostics and reset the password, remote desktop configuration.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards

Kamalakar

If a post answers your question, please click Mark As Answer on that post and Vote as Helpful.

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 3:21 AM