MDS 2016 - Code value is updated to null on updating other fields of the entity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am working on MDS 2016 exploring new features. Thus I have created a test model with test entity having few attributes.

I have inserted few records as well.

Table structure -

Name - nvarchar(255) by default,

Code - nvarchar(255) by default,

Value - nvarchar(100)

number - int

datetime - datetime

I inserted few records from explorer and now I try to update the record (only changing the Name value) using ssis package to load the stg.test_leaf table and run the stored procedure

EXEC

[stg].udp_test_Leaf@VersionName,@LogFlag =1,@BatchTag ='B7'

but when I checked the data,the code values is updated to null also the name value will be updated.

Has anyone faced this issue ? please provide your inputs.

Thanks

Monday, March 20, 2017 12:21 PM

All replies

• Hi Shruti,

I haven't observed this . anyways , have you tried manually inserting the records to observed a change ? don't use SSIS and try to manually insert the records and confirm whether the same issue can be reproed ?

also inform which version of sql server you installed ? also install the latest CU's and GDR to make sure this is not an old issue .

thanks,

sunny

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 8:13 AM
  • Hi

I tried to update the records manually as well but it didn't work.

Sql version - Microsoft SQL Server 2016 (SP1-GDR) (KB3210089) - 13.0.4202.2 (X64) Microsoft Corporation  Enterprise Edition (64-bit) on Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard 6.3

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 10:08 AM
  • Hi

I am able to resolve this issue by updating the NewCode = Code value. But as I worked with MDS 2012 this is not the case, we often use to update NewCode = " " on MDS2012 , which never gave any issue. So I assume this should work in MDS 2016, If isn't then it leads to updating n number of package.

If you happen to  know any solution or work around. Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards

Shruti

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 5:41 AM
  • Hi Shruti,

two things I can think off:
    - did you set the ImportType attribute (0 for optimistic import , ignoring missing values) in the staging record. This one determines how the data is processed.
    - is it possible that the NewCode field receives a value that is not NULL?

Regards,

Peter

Saturday, April 15, 2017 9:55 AM