none
Conditional required data element missing 837P NM108 RRS feed

• Question

• HI

I am submitting 837P message through  .net application  using WCF receive location to orchestration .The orchestration is then using SendEdi pipline to generate EDi file through send port. For loops 2010AA_Loop and 2010AB_Loop  the NM108 element is missing in generated XML message causing conditional element missing error  in Biztalk

I am using BizTalk 2013 with CU2 applied .As per HIPPA  if NM108 or NM109 is present then other must be present. Upon setting X12ConditionDesignator_Check="No" remove these errors and EDI file generated but that file is  offcourse not valid (missing NM108 element in both loops). below are the lines from my .net application for setting NM108 , NM109 for loop 2010AA (provider information)

tS837_2000A_Loop.NM1_SubLoop_2.TS837_2010AA_Loop.NM1_BillingProviderName.NM108_IdentificationCodeQualifier = proxy.X12_ID_66_2.XX; (enumeration value generated by service reference wizard)

tS837_2000A_Loop.NM1_SubLoop_2.TS837_2010AA_Loop.NM1_BillingProviderName.NM109_BillingProviderIdentifier = "1111111111"; provider NPI

Thanks in advance  

Thursday, March 6, 2014 7:50 AM

All replies

• There seems to be issue with message transformation somewhere during file processing. I would suggest to validate the portion of code doing transformation.

Regards, Ajeet Kumar MCTS Biztalk Server

Thursday, March 6, 2014 11:00 AM
  • HI Ajeet ,

It seems you are suggesting that code which is transforming message . I assume its pipeline i.e edisend which is part of the BizTalk installbase if so I cannot change that portion of the code . however if you have experienced similer can you suggest any remedy.

Thanks in advance

Thursday, March 6, 2014 11:24 AM
  • You can create a map and assign default values as per Datatype to mandatory elements in case corresponding values are not present in input message from receive location. This will generate the required fields.

If the fields/records are not present in the XM going to send port then edisend pipeline will not generate those fields, so you have to make sure they are present in the XML.

Thursday, March 6, 2014 11:56 AM
  • It seems the problem is NM108 is missing so you really need to trace the process to find out where it's getting lost.

You should not be modifying the schema since that is not the problem.

Thursday, March 6, 2014 12:10 PM
  • The NM108 is missing in between WCF receive location . within orchestration and before sending to send port I got the xml message and it is missing NM108 in both loops . But not sure why this is happening.

Thanks in advance .

Thursday, March 6, 2014 1:57 PM
  • In that case, you have two option. Either ask WCF guy to update the message as per HIPPA guideline and if that's not possible then you have to create a map with WCF msg as input and HIPPA schema as output and then map keeping HIPPA guidelines w.r.t required/optional fields in mind. You can call this map inside Orchestration or at Send/Receive port which suits your requirement.

I would suggest to apply this transformation at Integration layer only rather than WCF service.

Monday, April 14, 2014 10:27 AM