none
Is there a way to exclude an object (not the class) from DataContract serialization ... RRS feed

• Question

• My Use case is that I have a Model (Topology) of my lab setup

the base class is a Component ...

The inherited classes include a Container (collection of Components) and a Platform (OS Hosted Component)

I create a model of my lab ...

Container(lab) => Container(Customer) => Platform(Customers Computer)

Container(lab) => Container(Customer) => Platform(Customers Computer 1)

Container(lab) => Container(Customer) => Platform(Customers Computer 2)

Container(lab) => Container(Customer2) => Platform(Customer2s Computer)

Container(lab) => Container(Customer2) => Platform(Customer2s Computer 1)

Container(lab) => Container(Customer2) => Platform(Customer2s Computer 2)

Each Base Class is setup thru DataContract to persist to file  ... lab->Persist(filename)

and to be restored lab = Lab.Restore(filename)

I want to allow a User to be able to assign a node to be Non-Persistent and to use this flag to circumvent the DataContract during the Persist call ...

The only way I can do this currently is to pre-process the Topology and remove the nodes that have the Persist flag set to false (and all subordinate nodes if it is a container) and then call persist ...

Is there any (other) way to prevent the data serialization of an object instantiated from a class that is set up for DataContract?

Thursday, October 10, 2013 7:21 PM

Answers

• Hi,

For this you can try overriding OnSerializing() event of DataContractSerializer, and then based on your condition can skip that object from being serialized.

Please refer to this link
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8084868/how-to-use-custom-serialization-or-deserialization-in-wcf-to-force-a-new-instanc

Thanks,
    Amit
    Friday, October 11, 2013 7:41 AM