none
When I set forms to pop-up they will not appear RRS feed

• Question

• If pop-up is set to no  - when I double click or call form from another form it opens but if I set pop-up to yes. I v=cannot see form in form view unless I go through layout view first, and the form does not appear if called from another form.

Acess 2016 is part of Office is part of Office 365

Monday, April 30, 2018 6:30 PM

All replies

• Hi,

When something like this happens to me, it has been caused by one of two things: 1. The popup form is sized so small like it almost minimized, or 2. The  popup form shows up on an imaginary second monitor. I say "imaginary" because I could have been using two monitors during development but then deploy the database to users with only one monitor.

Hope it helps...

Monday, April 30, 2018 8:40 PM
  • Hi Patjob,

You had mentioned that,

(1) if I set pop-up to yes. I v=cannot see form in form view unless I go through layout view first,

I try to make a test on my side and find that I can see the form in Form view without any issue.

(2) the form does not appear if called from another form.

You can check that it is working fine on my side.

You can inform us if your form has any other settings set that can affect the output.

We will try to modify our settings like yours and again try to reproduce the issue.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 1, 2018 2:35 AM
  • Hi Patjob,

Is your issue solved?

I find that you did not follow up this thread after posting the issue.

If your issue is solved then I suggest you to post your solution and mark it as an answer.

If your issue is still exist then try to refer the solution given by the community members.

If then also you have any further questions then let us know about it.

We will try to provide further suggestions to solve the issue.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 3, 2018 9:36 AM
  • Interesting - this old MSDN thread resurfaced, with an issue similar to yours.  Check out the solutions presented and see if anything helps:

Form Opens in Layout and Design View, but not in Form View

Miriam Bizup Access MVP

Thursday, May 3, 2018 4:20 PM