SQL Server 2005 Evalution Copy database mirroring in NT 4 Domian RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I have a download "SQL Server 2005 Evalution Copy". I installed it to 3 machine, 1 - XP Professional (Witness) and 2 - Windows Server 2000 (Principle and Mirror) . And I want to try Database mirroring.

However, after restore the Log into mirror server I try to execute the following statement in Principle Server:

ALTER DATABASE TestDB
     SET PARTNER=N'TCP://[10.0.200.2]:5022'
    GO

The above 10.0.200.2 is the mirror server IP address.

it show error message as:

Msg 1416, Level 16, State 31, Line 1
    Database "SCMPGroup" is not configured for database mirroring.

In Miorror Server

I execute the statement :

ALTER DATABASE TestDB
     SET PARTNER=N'TCP://[10.0.200.1]:5022'
    The above 10.0.200.1 is the principle server IP address.

It shows sucess

ALTER DATABASE TestDB
     SET WITNESS=N'TCP://[10.0.15.146]:5022'

it show error message as:

Msg 1416, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
    Database "SCMPGroup" is not configured for database mirroring.

Please help me! I down't know if NT4 domain or evalution copy problem in there.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 6:37 AM

All replies

• did you perform as below,

• Take full backup in principal and restore it in mirror with norecovery
    • take 1 transaction log backup and restore it in mirror using with norecovery

configure db mirroring.......generally this error "Database "SCMPGroup" is not configured for database mirroring" this error will appear if you didnt restore the dbs in mirror server using with norecovery option........

1 more thing is that you have specified the same port number i.e 5022 for all 3 servers........you can specify the same port number if all the 3 servers are three seperate physical servers.........else you have to provide an unique port number for all 3..........just check if the windows 2000 server (principal and mirror) are on the same server(i.e do you have2 seperate instances) or different server

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 8:25 AM
  • I ma using a standard edition SQL server 2005.
    After I restore with norecovery with BU, the restore button is greyed out so I cannot do the tlog. Ideas?
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 6:16 PM
  • My bigger questions are this: why are you using NT 4 and Windows Server 2000?
    Allan Hirt Blog: http://www.sqlha.com/blog Author: Pro SQL Server 2008 Failover Clustering (out now!)
    Friday, September 11, 2009 4:54 PM