How to create a workflow with the 3 options Approve / Reject / "Require More Information"? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am new to sharepoint and workflow. I am not sure if I can use OOB Approval work flow using which I can implement approve or  reject  or require more information.

Basically approval will notify and can take above three actions.  In case of "require more information" approval asked further clarification from the requester.

Is it something which is provide OOB from MOSS using approval workflow. if not what should be the way to implement the same.

Thanks,

Vivek

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, August 2, 2011 11:18 AM Title changed. Do not require anything in Titles. Ask questions.
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 8:39 AM

Answers

• Your requirment can be acieve by OOB Approval Workflow.

OOB Approval Workflow provide you 2 button Approve and Reject and It gives you option to "Request Change". 

Which have similar functionality which you are looking/

On click of request change it will ask you to type the message and on click of OK your task will go to the requester to change which you have asked for

Rahul Sharma -------------------------- Coding is all about passion !!!!!!
    • Proposed as answer by Jayant Sharma Thursday, August 4, 2011 5:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, August 4, 2011 8:20 AM
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 6:56 PM

All replies

• Your requirment can be acieve by OOB Approval Workflow.

OOB Approval Workflow provide you 2 button Approve and Reject and It gives you option to "Request Change". 

Which have similar functionality which you are looking/

On click of request change it will ask you to type the message and on click of OK your task will go to the requester to change which you have asked for

Rahul Sharma -------------------------- Coding is all about passion !!!!!!
    • Proposed as answer by Jayant Sharma Thursday, August 4, 2011 5:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, August 4, 2011 8:20 AM
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 6:56 PM
  • Thanks a lot Rahul for your prompt reply and clarifying me.
    Wednesday, August 3, 2011 4:39 AM