Globalization related questions

Question

•      Hello World!

I am in the process of Globalize an app and I want you to help me understanding a few things.

I have found two different resources but as I am still a beginner I am not able to actually accomplish this activity so far.

I want to know what do you think about these two tutorials because they both seem to offer the same thing.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/xaml/hh965329.aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/ff637522%28v=vs.105%29.aspx

I can't figure out how to implement the second tutorial, as I have only managed so far to do the first section of the first tutorial, I mean "Quickstart: Translating UI resources (XAML)".

I understand and also figure out that this section is only for user interface only, so I have managed to translate it, or should I call it globalize the UI menu. I have tested and seem that it worked fine so far, even though I have not managed to "Associate controls to resources." or added "string resource identifiers to code and markup".

What do you think about this matter? Do I really need to associate controls to res and add string res ident to code and markup?

Is there anyone available to help me understanding better these activities? We can use emails to exchange a few thoughts about this implementation. I don't want you guys to do the work for me, but only to help me understanding this procedure better.

Thank you and hope to hear from you soon!

M.M.

Monday, December 29, 2014 3:32 PM

Answers

• "Quickstart: Translating UI resources (XAML)" is for Windows store Apps , Windows Phone 8.1 Windows Runtime and Universal Apps.

"Globalization and localization for Windows Phone 8" is for Windows Phone 8.0/8.1 Silverlight.

They are different  project type.

在現實生活中,你和誰在一起的確很重要,甚至能改變你的成長軌跡,決定你的人生成敗。 和什麼樣的人在一起,就會有什麼樣的人生。 和勤奮的人在一起,你不會懶惰; 和積極的人在一起,你不會消沈; 與智者同行,你會不同凡響; 與高人為伍,你能登上巔峰。

Monday, December 29, 2014 7:37 PM