none
.NET 3.5 Setup RRS feed

• Question

• Hi .NET Users

On my computer I just worked with Visual Studio 2005 and .NET 3.0. Now I installed the .NET framework 3.5 successfully. May anybody explain what exactly will change with this installation? Is .N#% 3.5 working with studio 2005, are there any new libraries, do I have to change the references in my current projects, is there a new version for the svcutil.exe tool used togehter with wcf..... if anybody has some information or a link, it would be great.

many thanks in advance

david
    Wednesday, February 6, 2008 8:48 AM

Answers

• .NET 3.5 contains a bunch a improvements to the .NET 2.0 and .NET 3.0 (On Pre-Vista OSes, this means you have put .NET 2.0 SP1 and .NET 3.0 SP1).

WIth .NET 3.5, you also get LINQ and the new language enhancements, You should still be able to use VS2005 to work with the .NET 2.0 runtime, but VS2005 wont be able to automatically figure out that .NET 3.5 is available. For that you will need VS2008 with which you can program against .NET 2.0, .NET 3.0 and .NET 3.5

The new libraries you are asking about is the LINQ libraries. There might be more, but LINQ is the popular one

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 6:19 PM