My SPA project is hosed RRS feed

• Question

• User875593326 posted

I can't add a new controller and add scaffolding. I keep getting the ole "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error.

I'm using the Single Page App with read/write actions and views, usin EF template, selecting an existing model class, and creating a new data context class. I'm using Razor for the view and kept the default "advanced options". I've updated all the Nuget packages for SPA including all the dependencies.

Is there any kind of error log I can look at?

I'm about ready to trash the idea of using SPA altogether. It's really not even beta-worthy at this point. I'm seeing all kinds of JavaScript errors due to unterminated lines in all of these JS files that are installed by Nuget. I can't remember how many I've fixed already, and I'll have to do it again on the next release of these JavaScript frameworks.

Thursday, April 26, 2012 3:46 PM

All replies

• User1751268424 posted

Make sure You have done the following item:

1. At PACKAGE MANAGER CONSOLE: Install-Package SinglePageApplication.CSharp, there a syntaxt error message here, and forget it. It;s ok
    2. Build your project before adding your controller
    3. Change your connectionString name at main web.config on the root project (not web.config at the views folder) to your application context, from "Data Context Class <New data context...>", it is the name you set at this point

Hope this can help 

Thursday, April 26, 2012 6:59 PM