How to programatically get the vpn login id (last one used if not connected) RRS feed

• Question

• This might be too specific for this forum or perhaps should be directed to one of the framework forums. Sorry in advance if misplaced.

I'm able to use the WMI interfaces to retrieve the username/domain etc...however this remains populated with a valid domain name even though I reboot my machine and unplug the network connection...thus they are cached (last one used). When my user fires up his/her CISCO VPN client and connects...I need to programatically get that username (can be different than windows username) even if they are currently not connected.

I've looked at DotRAS as a solution but that seems to add value if they are currently connected to the VPN.

Paul Reed
    • Moved by Figo Fei Monday, September 13, 2010 3:06 AM (From:Visual C# General)
    Thursday, September 9, 2010 4:50 PM

Answers

• Moved to network forum for better response.

Thanks for the understanding.

Figo Fei
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Marked as answer by Paul Reed Tuesday, October 5, 2010 12:32 PM
    Monday, September 13, 2010 3:05 AM