Custom compiler tooling extension RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    I've created custom compiler. Now, I'd like to integrate it to Visual Studio. I made some version (see https://github.com/MarekPokornyOva/Jellequin2/blob/VsExtNew/VsExtNew.zip if interested in) based on JavaForVS.
    But it doesn't work well.
    Issue 1: project created (inside VS experimental instance) causes error in project properties window. The window opens but displays error message: An error occurred trying to load the project properties window.  Close the window and try again.Member not found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80020003 (DISP_E_MEMBERNOTFOUND)). Unfortunatelly, I can't find out what particular member is missing and how to fix it. I also tried to run the experimental instance with /log parameter but the log didn't reveal the error explanation.
    Issue 2: Debugger is not attached well, most probably. The compiler produces .NET Core application. When I launch it in console using "dotnet mynewapp.dll" command, it launches fine. But when I do similar inside Visual studio, it launches but debugger seems to be not attached to the application and rather displays vsdbg dialog window to choose another VS instance.

Tested/developed on:
    Win10x64
    VS15.9.X (latest)
    All is installed in clean virtual machine without any unnecessary application.

Target:
    I'd like to have VS 2015+ extension which uses my compiler and allows to create custom project and also to debug it.

Note:
    I also tried to use CPS (https://github.com/MarekPokornyOva/Jellequin2/tree/master/VsExtension) but it was very unstable. Projects were sometimes not visible in Create project dialog, created projects were sometimes not loaded, generally spoken very unstable/unrelyable.

Thanks for advices/ideas leading to solve the issues.
    Friday, March 15, 2019 11:35 AM

All replies

• Hi Marek,

Thank you for posting here.

This forum is about using visual studio(designer , reported controls , editor and etc in vs ide). For your case which is more related to visual integrate. We will move this forum to Visual Integrate forum for better support.

Thank you for understanding.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, March 18, 2019 2:49 AM