none
Location Location Location RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Lync Client SDK application which is getting Location information from the other contacts in the Lyns Server. I am using this type of approach

theContact.GetContactInformation(ContactInformationType.LocationName).ToString()

We only have 10 users set up on our test rig and they have all been set up in an identical manner.  However if I log in using different users I get to see the location of a different set of the other users for example

user 8 can see location stringof users 1, 7 and 8

user 7 can see location string of users 1,3,5,7 and 8

user 10 cant see any user's location string

What would cause this ?

Thanks

Friday, October 21, 2011 2:47 PM

Answers

• Check the privacy relationships that you assign to all of your contacts. Check the privacy relationships set by your contacts to your contact.  The higher the privacy relationship (Personal is the highest), the more presence data you get to see.  You are looking for a ContactCard presence item of type "Location" and type "Office".  I was just looking at the presence schema to see which privacy relationship level allows this. 

take a look at Granting Permissions in the UCCP SDK. There is a table that describes the presence types that a contact in a given privacy relationship can see.

Friday, October 21, 2011 8:56 PM