Calendar control using C#

Question

• Hi,

I am trying to develop a Calendar Control in C# metro app,similar to Outlook 2013 Calendar flyout.

Is there any control available similar to Outlook 2013 calendar flyout with C#?

Any available sample applications will be helpful.

Please refer the attached screen for reference.

Thanks!

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 12:22 PM

Answers

• There is a DatePicker control (Windows 8.1)  which is functionally the same as above control. I am not sure if any built-in calendar controls exists that has same UI as the screen-shot. 

-Sagar

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 1:29 PM
  • Hi Vijay,

As Sagar suggested, you could use DatePicker instead, but as a confirm there is no exist control in default Windows Store App UI control list.

To find some third party controls are necessary, there are pretty much results if you type "calendar control windows store app", where you could find some calendar control.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, February 24, 2014 9:13 AM

All replies

• There is a DatePicker control (Windows 8.1)  which is functionally the same as above control. I am not sure if any built-in calendar controls exists that has same UI as the screen-shot. 

-Sagar

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 1:29 PM
  • Hi Vijay,

As Sagar suggested, you could use DatePicker instead, but as a confirm there is no exist control in default Windows Store App UI control list.

To find some third party controls are necessary, there are pretty much results if you type "calendar control windows store app", where you could find some calendar control.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, February 24, 2014 9:13 AM
  • I am also discovering the controls you described. I'd heard some C# UI calendar control. Not knowing if they are convenient to use, though the calendar control has great features. I am not determined to decide to choose which one to use. The suggestions here worth trying.
    Wednesday, April 23, 2014 2:31 AM